Anti Aging and Age Management Services
As your body makes the transition from young adulthood to middle age and eventually into old age, it undergoes many physical, mental, and emotional changes along the way. For some people, these changes make them feel old long before they are ready for it. The hormonal changes in both men and women can be especially challenging. Some of the specific problems experienced by both genders include:
- Persistent fatigue
- Irritability, anxiety, and depression
- Difficulty with sustained mental focus
- Decreased sexual libido
- Weight gain, especially in the abdominal area
Additionally, men and women may struggle with gender-specific issues related to hormone imbalance. Erectile dysfunction is a common problem for middle-aged and older men while women may experience symptoms of sexual dysfunction as well. Unfortunately, a lot of people internalize the message that these problems are a natural part of getting older and there is nothing they can do about them. Marsha Nunley M.D. who specializes in anti-aging treatments and Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT), wants you to know this is not true. A long-lasting solution to the discomfort of aging is closer than you might think.
Anti-Aging Medicine Defined
The American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine defines anti-aging medicine in this way:
“Anti-Aging Medicine is a clinical/medical specialty and field of scientific research aimed at the early detection, prevention, treatment, and reversal of age-related decline. It is well-documented by peer-reviewed medical and scientific journals and employs evidence-based methodologies to conduct patient assessments.”
As a medical doctor with a special emphasis on therapies to reverse or delay problems associated with aging, Marsha Nunley, M.D. agrees wholeheartedly with this position. Regardless of the specific symptoms you are experiencing, we encourage you to schedule an appointment with the H.E.A.L. Medical Corp. to learn more about how Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can give you the energy, drive, and enthusiasm for life that you had as a young adult.
Your Symptoms Are Not as Unrelated as They May Appear
For most people, the symptoms of hormone imbalance, dominance or deficiency can come on gradually and they don’t realize that the many new issues that have developed up over the past several years are related. This is especially true of men since their hormones decline at a much slower rate than women. Even though there is a marked decrease in testosterone as early as age 30, it typically takes several years for men to feel the effects. That is because the average man loses one percent of his testosterone annually for the remainder of his life.
While women can have symptoms of perimenopause for up to 10 years before they are officially menopausal, they tend to make the connection to hormonal imbalance faster than men. That is because women know to expect these bodily changes and men often do not. The medical evidence to support andropause in men, a process similar to menopause in women, has only recently gained acceptance in the larger medical community.
How Bioidentical Hormone Therapy Makes You Feel Young Again
Since imbalanced hormones directly cause many of the unpleasant changes of aging, bringing them into balance can help to improve your symptoms rapidly. However, this doesn’t always happen with medications and other therapies prescribed by most traditional doctors. The main reason for this is that doctors who practice traditional medicine usually prescribe pharmaceutical drugs to address symptoms as they present themselves, instead of a comprehensive treatment plan that considers the patient as a whole. Some people may show improvement on these drugs, but many others show no changes at all, some actually have their symptoms increase in severity or become complicated by unpleasant side effects of the medication.
Marsha Nunley, M.D. believes that Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy is a more effective means of providing anti-aging and wellness services to his patients for several important reasons. These include:
- The ingredients from these hormones are derived from plants rather than manufactured by scientists. Even though both synthetic and bioidentical hormones are changed into a compound medication by pharmacists, only bioidentical hormones contain a cell structure that is identical to the body’s natural hormones.
- Because of their natural ingredients, most patients tolerate bioidentical hormones much easier than synthetic ones and see faster results. This allows patients the relief they have been searching for with confidence in a safe and natural alternative.
- Unlike traditional medical practitioners, Marsha Nunley, M.D. determines your exact hormone imbalances with a blood test, saliva test, or both. She also asks detailed questions in order to understand how these imbalances affect your quality of life. This allows her to request a tailor-made compound medication from a local pharmacy. In short, Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy is focused to address only those hormones that are out of balance and leaves the rest alone.
Enjoy your middle and old age with the youthful vitality you started your life with. Achieve optimal hormone levels with a custom tailored Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy from San Francisco Anti Aging Doctor Marsha Nunley. Take charge of your wellness and live every stage of your life to the fullest with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy.